Money saving appliance tips
Money saving tips that will extend the life of your dishwasher and lower the cost of energy – To reduce the need of appliance repairs, use the following preventative measures. Proper maintenance and care is essential in keeping your dishwasher running efficiently. Improper care will cause your unit to overwork by using more electricity to keep you dishes clean than if properly maintained. By following these tips, you can prolong the life of your dishwasher and avoid many costly repairs.
Money saving appliance tips for Hernando Appliance Repair
- Regularly run a cup of white vinegar through a complete cleaning cycle of the empty dishwasher. This will gently clean residues, odors and debris from the unit.
- Clean the dishwasher regularly by taking out all removable interior parts. Wash with a mild house hold detergent or baking soda and rinse with warm water. Rinse and wipe dry. Clean the doors and door gaskets with detergent solution; rinse and dry. Do not use abrasives.
- If your dishwasher has a filter underneath the lower spray arm, remove all debris and rinse to protect the pump and motor seals. Replace if it has holes. A dirty filter may cause the dishwasher to not drain.
- Clean the holes in the spray arm with a toothbrush and a mixture of white vinegar and warm water. Make sure you remove all debris and residues. Doing this regularly will remove the stress on the pumps and motor.
- Do not overload your dishwasher. This will result in poor cleaning.
- Check drain hoses are not impeded from draining. Remove kinks and other stoppages. Improper draining may cause the pump to overheat and burn out.
- Do not add more than the recommended amount of detergent. Too much detergent may cause leaks.
By following these tips, you can prolong the life of your dishwasher and avoid many costly appliance repairs. However, there are times when a repair is needed for Pasco County Appliance Repair.
Call ApplianceQuest today if you are having any appliance problems!