Dishwasher and energy
A dishwasher consumes one-third less hot water than hand washing so using the dishwasher saves you money. Additional ways to save are:
- Avoid pre-rinsing dishes in hot water. Use the rinse cycle until it’s time to clean a full load.
- Use the energy-saving cycle to shorten the run time and save gallons of water.
- Run your dishwasher with a full load and use the air dry option, if available.
When buying a new dishwasher:
- Compare features. Look for models that are ENERGY STAR® compliant and offer energy-saving features.
- Compare operating costs using the Energy Guide label.
- Consider water use. More than 80 percent of the energy used by dishwashers is for heating the water, so look for models that use less water.
For Appliance Repair in Pasco or Hernando County Fl.
Call ApplianceQuest at 888-817-2455 or visit our website.